Body soap, lotion, sunscreen and salted caramel sauce.
Those are the things I would gladly bathe myself in.
- 200g caster sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 80g salted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (vanilla extract is fine too)
- 2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Put the sugar and the water together in a saucepan. Make sure all the sugar is covered by the water.
- Cook the sugar mixture on medium heat.
- When the sugar mixture turns dark amber, add in all the butter and whisk until incorporated.
- Slowly pour in the whipping cream, whisking constantly. Be careful, the mixture will bubble fiercely and you don’t want to burn yourself!
- Let the caramel boil for an additional 1 and a half minutes.
- Remove from stove and stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Muster all the resilience you have and let the caramel cool before tasting. (Though honestly, I have burned myself one too many times in my over eagerness to dive head first into the luscious golden pool.)
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge.